Nāu te rourou, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi - With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive
All parents require support to provide a nurturing environment for their children. We recognise that life experiences can impact on the complex and challenging task of parenting. Our parenting programme is short and to the point. Its purpose is to support you to provide a safe nurturing environment for your children.
- Self-awareness- who are you? What is your parenting style?
- Culture- what are your family/whānau rituals, customs and beliefs
- Through Children's Eyes- gain an understanding of the effects family violence and neglect has on children.
- Communication- the impact of body language, actions, tone of voice, listening to children
- Relationships- what are the dynamics in your family/ whānau
- Child Development- why children do what they do
- Strategies- routines, boundaries, consequences and safety
- Making it work- putting learning into practice
Group sessions: Wednesdays 10 am - 12 pm (during the school term) and evenings when requested.
Contact us to enrol on the programme