Talofa lava, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Bula vinaka, Malo ni, Halo ola keta, Mauri, Fakatalofa atu
It is our aim to help Pacific people embrace their future with confidence, self-esteem and knowledge. We recognise the importance of aiga and tutu fa'atasi so our service is aimed at strengthening and empowering them. We encourage families to use their own resources when challenging issues present. ‘Family unity’ is paramount when experiencing difficulties and our service can assist by providing information, options and practical support.
- Building Financial Capability (BFC) - crisis budgeting, debt management and long term financial planning
- A ‘listening ear’ service with referral to qualified counsellors if needed
- Family violence intervention and prevention - crisis support for women and children, assistance with protection orders and parenting orders, empowerment programmes for women and children, non-violence programmes and counselling
- General advocacy and support for those who need assistance with Government agencies such as Work and Income; Oranga Tamariki, and Kainga Ora
- Support to access and/or refer you to other helping agencies
Our work with Pacific people is inclusive of the values, beliefs, spiritual and cultural contexts of Pacific people and considers the socio-economic and environmental factors that impact our communities. Services and programmes are delivered by skilled Pacific workers.