Aroha mai, aroha atu - Love towards us, love going out from us
Family Focus works to tackle some of the most complex and challenging issues facing families/whanau today – including financial hardship, parenting, mental health problems, relationship breakdown, and family violence. We want to strengthen and empower families and communities so they can foster the best possible development of children, youth and adults.
Our family/whānau support involves a team of relevant professionals working collaboratively with individuals and their family/whanau to improve their well-being. The ideas and the perspectives about what the individual and their family/whanau want and need drives all the work.
Our Team of Professionals include:
- Social workers
- Early Childcare Educators
- Family violence practitioners
- Family Therapists
- Financial Mentors
- Trauma-informed care practitioners
How we can help
- We can work with you as an individual or as a family/whanau to address those issues that you want help with
- We build on your strengths and the strengths of your family/whanau and we give you the support that you tell us that you need.
- We can provide you with your own family/whanau mentor who can co-ordinate the services you and your family/whanau want
- We have services in-house that you can access
- We can help you with a referral to another helping agency and we can support you in this process