He rā ki tua - Better times are coming
The Kahukura (service) provides a range of specialist interventions to facilitate long-lasting change for individuals/family and whānau who are experiencing on-going financial hardship.
The Kahukura (service) is for people who are:
- Unable to cope with a sudden change in their life circumstances whether past or present
- Dealing with multiple services including but not limited to Oranga Tamariki– Ministry for Children, family violence services or English language services
- Vulnerable to financial abuse or being taken advantage of
- Exhibiting signs where some form of ‘money management’ is an ideal solution.
We can provide you with a specialised support worker who can:
- Provide opportunities for debt relief
- Offer a high level of contact
- Assist you with ongoing financial crisis management
- Help you navigate and access essential services
- Work with you to design a budget and savings plan for your unique situation
- Encourage and support you to manage your budget and savings plan
- Assist you to plan for your future financial goals